|Laboratory Name||LEED LAB Collaborated with USGBC
|1. To conduct the courses on “LEED Certification” for students and faculty.
2. To motivate the students and faculty on LEED Lab Practices.
3. To train the students in the field of Eco-friendly Green Building materials and Energy Efficient Building.
|Laboratory Name||“Remote Sensing & GIS” collaborated with SAKURA
|1. To conduct training for students in the field of remote sensing and GIS .
2. To facilitate students project in GIS techniques.
3. To provide a unique hands-on learning experience and GIS software experience to teach and train the real world concepts which is exciting, relevant and more valuable to the students.
|Laboratory Name||Intel IOT Research Lab|
|1. IoT Lab is aimed at enabling the interconnection and integration of the physical world and the cyber space
2. To provide knowledge on industry projects and use cases which encompasses of multiple areas such as Computer science, Communications, Electrical , Mechanical, and Microelectronics.
3. To do interdisciplinary projects related to IOT.
4. To develop the mechanisms of network convergence and autonomy.
|Laboratory Name||Big Data Advanced Analytics Lab|
|1. To Setup Hadoop Cluster and write Complex Map Reduce programs .
2. To know the Hadoop ecosystem concepts and analytics .
3. The focus will be on the technologies, tools/algorithms that are available for a variety of “analytics”.
4. To do the industry standard academic projects.
5. To work on a real life Project on Big Data Analytics.
|Laboratory Name||CCNA Networking Lab
|1. Learn the basic concepts of computer networking and acquire practical notions of protocols with the emphasis on TCP/IP.
2. To receive the internship from networking companies
3. To understand the simulation concepts of wireless and wired networks.
|Laboratory Name||Gill Research Lab|
|1. To help the students to enhance their knowledge on embedded systems platform.
2. To Conduct training program and get Internship for students in the field of Microcontroller, DSP based processors and Wireless sensor Network.
3. To stimulate the students to do their projects related with real time problems
|Laboratory Name||Texas Instruments Innovation Lab|
|1. To help the students to enhance their knowledge on signal processing and sensing.
2. To facilitate the students in TI analog and embedded processing in engineering classrooms, teaching and research labs, design projects.
3. To create awareness about Signal & Image processing area and produce new application to society.
|Laboratory Name||IEEE Blended Learning Program in VLSI|
|1. To equip engineering professionals with the skills to quickly become much more productive in their work.
2. To create products with the leading EDA tools used in the semiconductor industry.
3.To develop a learning model that combines face-to-face teaching with engaging content and hands-on lab exercises.
|Laboratory Name||National Instruments Lab View Academy
|1. To develop basic applications in the LabVIEW graphical programming environment.
2. To provide latest NI hardware and software modular to get solutions for a wide variety of applications ranging from simple data logging to high-performance automated test, industrial control, and advanced embedded control and monitoring.
3. To develop prototypes using Test, Measurement, and Control for live industrial problems.
Wipro Technologies, Bangalore
|1. To bridge the gap between Industry and Academia by adopting Innovative Teaching Learning process
2. To provide Training to Faculty members and Students to enrich their technical knowledge to solve the Industrial Problems using UTLP
|Unified Technology Learning Platform (UTLP), |
1. OMAP Processor – 3530,
2. FPGA - Spartan 6,
3. DSP – C64X,
4. Interfaces : LCD, GLCD, 7 Segment Display, Keypad, etc.
|1. Eclipse IDE,
2. Xilinx IDE,
3. NFS packages,
4. Embedded Linux : Angstrom - OS
5. Ubuntu - OS
|1. To offer skill based training to students and faculty members as per Industry requirements
2. To provide solutions for Automation based problems to industries and to offer training to employees in Industries
3.To carry out Consultancy to the industry and Research based activities
|SIEMENS PLC – S7 200 |
1. SMART Trainer kit DI/DO,AI/AO with 4” HMI
2. SMART and RTD Trainer kit with 4” HMI
3. SMART with VFD and 1HP- 1 Phase Induction Motor Trainer kit with 3” HMI
4. SMART and V90 Servo (1KW) Trainer kit with 6” HMI
|1. SIEMENS - STEP 7 Micro WINSMART
2. WIN CC V13
3. WINCC Advanced Run Time SCADA Software
|Design and Manufacturing of Kernel Peeler Machine||Sri Jaya Shree Food Products, Salem|
|1. To enhance the student skills to be an Industry ready in the field of Embedded Systems Design
2. To provide solutions for real time problems through product development
3. To implement Consultancy for the industry and research based activities
|Hardware||1. Protocol Analyzer (USB /I2C / SPI / CAN)|
2. Friendly ARM Board
3. Raspberry Pi
4. Beagle Boards with Wifi Dongle
5. OMAP Boards
6. ARM Boards (LPC 2148, LPC 1768)
7. PIC Development Boards
8. Microcontroller Boards
9. Ardiuno Boards
10. GSM / GPRS Boards & GPS Boards
|Software||1. Logic pro
2. Keil µVision – 4
3. MP LAB - IDE
4. Arduino IDE
|Operating System||1. Raspbian Jessie
2. Windows 10 IoT Core
3. Snappy Ubuntu
|e-Yantra Lab Setup Initiative (eLSI) is a college level program under which colleges are encouraged to setup robotics lab. It is designed as a scalable and sustainable approach that addresses infrastructure creation and teacher training – to create an eco-system at the colleges to impart effective engineering education.
eLSI is to provide:
1. Guidance and support for establishing robotics lab - three robotic kits are given to each participating college
2. A two-phased training for teachers
|1. To get enabled to build and program the various platforms of LEGO Mindstorm robot
2. To enhance the fundamental skill on programming and problem solving strategies
3. To develop the robot relevance real time innovative products for the social problems
4. To encourage the students and faculty members to participate in the robotics competitions at National and International level
|Laboratory Name||Composite Research Centre for Product Design, Digital Manufacturing and Technical Documentation (CRC-PDT)
|1. Training the students in the field of Design and excel in CATIA V6 software.
2. One month working internship for KIOT students in 7th and 8 th semester at Harita Techserv Ltd offshore centers.
|Laboratory Name||Centre of Excellence for Energy and Utilities (COEEAU)
|1.Training the students to enhance the knowledge of students and to make them experts in IBM MAXIMO 7.5 ESSENTIAL software.
2.Motivating the students to do their research or projects using IBM MAXIMO 7.5 ESSENTIAL software.
|Laboratory Name||Centre for Piping Design & Detailed Engineering for Oil and Gas Industry
|1. Training the students in the field of piping design and Pressure Vessel Design & Analysis using ANSYS software.
2. To provide Placement opportunities at Oil and Gas Industry