As per the Instructions given by UGC and the Guidelines directed by the Anna University Chennai by its letter bearing No.2502/SA 1/2013 on 15/5/2013 with regard to the security arrangements for girl students and also to ensure a safe environment for girl students and women employees a WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL has been established in our College on 30/07/2011.
Objectives of the WEC:
- Educating women according to the professional requirement and encourage them to grow further in life.
- Encouraging women to develop entrepreneurial skills, which in turn, would make them self-dependent.
- Encouraging corporate leadership capacity with the quality to ascertain gender equality.
- Role plays, street plays, games to be organized to help change the student behavior thereby,helping them to assume a responsible role.
- Surveillance cameras to be installed in all important and strategic places that can be monitored by the security officials of our college.
- The girl students are instructed to avoid using short cut paths to reach any destination in the campus ,especially during nights.
- Making an awareness of the Women’s act and legal consultative for safety and security of women.
- Creating awareness on the possible different forms of sexual harassment that would be imposed on women by the opposite sex.
- Providing counseling services to resident and non- resident students.
- A 24 hours helpline and help desk has been arranged.
The following dress code for students is desirable:
- Body fit clothing, transparent or revealing outfits should be avoided.
- Salwar kameez with duppatta is advisable.
- Torn, faded jeans, T shirts should not be allowed.